What makes a great salesperson? Can anyone be a great salesperson? The question got answered in many articles here on the web. From Havard Business School to blogs, research firms, and others. Today we want to share with you proven tips to help salespeople to seal the deal. Read more insides to the infographics “How to close Sale: 12 Sales Tips for Success.”
“How to Close Sale” is maybe the core question for every sales executive or junior salesperson. If you are new in your role, or already an experienced salesperson you might want to continue reading 12 Sales tips for success. You might be surprised or reassured in your role. Download the infographics for your reference or bookmark our page, you will be happy to have it handy whenever you want to check on your daily work.
Spot the Right Triggers
Getting notified in real-time when prospects are on your website viewing your pricing or plans page can be a key trigger to get in touch and offer support.
With tools like Albacross you can identify and monitor your website visitors, what pages they visited on your site, as well as how to reach them.
- 100-200 new sales opportunities per month are best.
- 72% of companies with 50 or fewer new opportunities per month didn’t meet their sales goals.
- That’s vs 15% with 50-100 opportunities, and just 4% with over 100.
Encourage Sales and Marketing Collaboration
Sales and marketing orchestration helps close sales effectively.
- Top sales pros are 13% more likely to engage closely with marketing.
- 64% of sales pros say leads from marketing are “excellent” or “good”
- 89% of decision-makers say consistent messages from sales and marketing are important.
- 73% of sales teams say it’s critical to collaborate across departments.
Automate Wherever You Can
Technology gives salespeople an advantage.
- 73% of salespeople use technology to close more deals.
- The adoption of CRM technology has grown by 113%, more than doubling since 2016.
- 89% of top sales performers say networking platforms are “very important” or “important.”
- 70% of sales professionals say they’re most active on Linkedln for business purposes.
- Tools for success. 75%-85% of top salespeople value CRMs, productivity apps, email marketing, and social selling as key factors in their success.
Build a Trustworthy Relationship
Trust is essential to close sales successfully.
- 51% of decision-makers rank trust as the No.1 attribute they want in a salesperson.
- Virtually 100% of sales professionals say trust is “very important” or “important” to winning new business.
- 88% of decision-makers say sales pros are a “trusted partner”
- Only 19% of customers trust salespeople.
- 51% of top sales pros focus their efforts on relationship-building.
Always, Always Follow-up
By simply taking a few seconds to send a follow-up email after a quote, you could close sales that would have otherwise slipped through the cracks.
- 70% of salespeople stop at one email. Yet if you send more emails, you’ve got a 25% chance to hear back.
- Only 2% of sales happen at the first meeting.
Deploy the capability to personalize interactions with prospects.
- 93% of buyers are more likely to engage if a salesperson provides personalized communications.
- 79% of buyers won’t engage with sales professionals who lack knowledge of their company.
- What do buyers want from sales pros? 69% say, “Listen to my needs.” 61% say, “Don’t be pushy” and “Give me relevant information.” 51% want salespeople to respond in a timely manner.
Create a Sense of Urgency
Offering your prospect something time-sensitive makes them feel like they have the upper hand, and that they have something to lose if they say no.
So if they are probably going to say yes eventually, it just makes sense to do it now.
The biggest challenges today’s salespeople face: 42% Establishing urgency, 37% Getting in touch with prospects, 35% Overcoming price objections
Promotional or emails conveying a sense of urgency had at least 14% higher click-to-open rates, 59% higher transaction-to-click rates, TWICE as high transaction rates compared to their average marketing emails
Experian’s report noted that by using urgency in their email subject lines, their transaction rates on sales increased 16%. For them, and many others, it’s most effective to mention the discount as well as the time limit in email subject lines.
Share Useful Information or News
Because the sales process can drag out over time, however, continue to feed your prospects information that is helpful, instructional and practical.
- 74% of B2B buyers do half their research (or more!) online before they buy.
- 80% of business decision-makers prefer to get company information from a series of articles versus an advertisement.
Use Social Proof
Another effective strategy is to let former customers do the selling for you.
- 72% of salespeople who use social media in their sales process outperform their peers.
- 84% of C-Level execs and 75% of B2B buyers use social media to make purchasing decisions.
- More than half of all B2B buyers use Linkedln to support purchase decisions.
Getting Them to Say “Yes” or “Yes”
By posing a “yes” or “yes” question you’ll get the prospective customers thinking about the best option… not about the other option… no
Use Sales Closing Lines
No matter how hard you’ve worked to build rapport, establish trust, and follow-up, you still need to ask for the sale.
- 63% of all sales interactions end with the sales pro not asking for the sale
- The phrase, “Show you how” owers closing rates by 13% if it’s used more than four times in one sales call.
Here are some sales close phrases to help get you the final, firm, “yes.”
- Unless you have further concerns, I think we can get started with the arrangements.
- Let’s discuss the costs involved.
- This call is scheduled to end in [X] minutes. Please, take as long as you like, but if you’re ready, perhaps we should move along to the agreement.
- Are you ready to implement [the product] at your company? If you can commit to buying today, I can also give you [incentive].
- It seems like this solution would work for you, but I understand you need a bit more time. Let’s schedule a meeting for next week when you’ve had some more time to think about this.
- It’s fine that you can’t commit today. Unfortunately, this particular offer is only available for [period of time], so I would need a signed contract by [date] to maintain this price.
- If we offer [some freebie], would that convince you to place an order today? Would you like your order to be delivered by Wednesday or Friday?
- If we could find a way to deal with your [area of concern], would you be happy to proceed?
- Would you agree that it’s worth giving us a try, to solve your [problems and pain points]?
- Would you like to pay by credit card?
- What’s your timeline for purchase approval?
Ask One More Time
If you happen to get a no in spite of all the work you’ve done, don’t let that frustrate you or get you down. The secret to closing more deals is to brush that off and circle around and ask again.
- 80% of prospects report saying “no” four times before they finally say “yes.”
- 92% of sales pros give up after the 4th call.
Wrap Up: How To Close Sale
Albacross created this infographic based on sources that read like the who-is-who. Hubspot, LinkedIn, Marketing Donut, Experian, or Salesforce to name only a couple of them. Working for many years now with sales teams and successful salespeople I can relate to most of the findings here. My favorite is for sure the “Sales Closing Lines” which I will try myself. Over many years I experienced when you trap into a price discussion you can lose the deal only on the price itself. Many purchasing people are not interested in added value, they only focus on savings and money. If anyone has a good tip on how to handle a situation when you are trapped into the price discussion and discounting I would be interested.
Skillz Middle East makes Digital Transformation happening for your company. We focus on the quick win to ensure Digital Marketing, e-learning, Web Meeting, Web Conferencing, Digital Signature, Digital Asset Management are ready to enhance your organization. Digital Marketing shall save money and bring a more efficient conversion for your brand and products.