To be honest, 2017 was not the year of Snapchat. The skyrocketing success of snapchat was strongly dampened in 2017. Maybe it’s a good time to understand more the Snapchat Ad Targeting capabilities. Find here a complete guide through the jungle.
Skillz Middle East makes Digital Transformation happening for your company. We focus on the quick win to ensure Digital Marketing, e-learning, Web Meeting, Web Conferencing, Digital Signature, Digital Asset Management are ready to enhance your organization. Digital Marketing shall save money and bring a more efficient conversion for your brand and products.
To be honest, in our current marketing strategy which we develop for a couple of companies we do not always include Snapchat. The reason behind this is that numbers lost out over 2017. The success of Snapchat was a little on hold. Even we can say that actually, Snapchat is very popular in this region of the earth (in the Middle East).
Similar to Facebook ad targeting, Snapchat ad targeting can be a powerful way to target very specific audiences. However, it can also be a complex process for marketers of today to figure out the how.
The below infographic by Snapchat advertising agency Advertisemint helps us to find ourselves through the jungle of the Snapchat advertising process by defining the options for each of 6 targeting categories:
1. Lifestyle: From bookworms to sports fans, you can target specific lifestyle behaviors.
2. Shoppers: This targeting option allows advertisers to select an audience based on historical purchases behavior.
3. Visitors: Target people based on the types of establishments they have visited, from auto dealerships to travel venue vistgors.
4. Viewers: Target based on television interest but not cinematic or streaming viewers.
5. Demographics: From new moms to Spanish speakers, this is your basic demographics category.
6. Devices: This self-explanatory category allows advertisers to target based on the device being used even down to operating system like Windows or Android for mobile. Too bad that carriers filter only the most popular in US, South America, Europe and Australia.
The infographic also mentions about 4 custom audiences options Snapchat offers:
- Match Targeting: Reach your current contacts or device ID to create a Snapchat audience.
- Lookalike Targeting: Expand your reach to similar users.
- Exclusion Targeting: Reach out to only net-new snapchatters.
- Engagement Targeting: Target based on user interaction with ads, geofilters, and lenses.
All over this is quite a target and profiling exercise. All over this guide does show us what is possible and the segmentation of audience behavior and interest is quite good to find the relevance of our business.
Bookmark the page to keep track of Snapchat Ad Targeting for your future campaigns and let us know what you think about these categories from Snapchat, leave your comments below.