Nearly half (46%) of people who viewed video ads took some kind of follow-up action, according to a study cited in an infographic about video boost e-commerce sales.
The infographic, released by JLB Media Productions, also point out that one in four shoppers uses YouTube to search for videos about products they are considering.
The online publishers association found that 80% of users recalled watching a video ad in the past month, with 46% taking some follow-up action, such as looking for more information or visiting the advertiser’s Website.
With figures like those, it’s easy to see how video can help move customers along the path to purchase. In fact, the infographic includes examples of how real brands have implemented video to their benefit.
7 out of 10 millennials are likely to watch a company video when shopping online
For example, one company increased conversions 25% when it added video to its website, and a few brands found that customers who watch videos are much more likely to purchase than those who don’t.
Let’s have a look at some details of the brand case studies which boost E-Commerce sales
- Step2, a leading manufacturer of kid’s toys and products, found video viewers were 174% more likely to convert than customers who didn’t see a video.
- Stacks and Stack5 found that customers were 144% more likely to purchase after watching o product video compared to those who did not.
- OnlineShoes reported that shoppers who viewed o product video were 45% more likely to purchase than those who did not.
- Advance Auto Ports found tho! instructional and how to videos on their site doubled the visit length and pages viewed by their site visitors.
- Simply Piste (ski equipment company) sow on increase of 25% in their conversion rates by adding video.
- Arial (equestrian supplies) reported a 160% increase in conversion rates when a video was watched versus without.
To see more compelling statistics about how to boost E-Commerce sales with video, check out the infographic, benefits of product video production: