What are the popular social media platforms for brand marketers? Yes, Facebook is number one on the wish list of marketers and where their budget goes followed by YouTube and Instagram.
- 77% of marketers have published a video on IGTV (Instagram TV)
- When it comes to a larger marketing strategy, 41% of marketers say Instagram stories have become more important over the last 12 months.
- Over 50% of marketers spend video ad funds on YouTube.
- More than half of the marketers mention that they use an Ad manager to place their video ads on Facebook and Instagram.
IGTV is a standalone video application by Instagram for Android and iOS smartphones. It allows for longer videos compared to Instagram. While IGTV is available as a standalone app, the basic functionality is also available within the Instagram app and website. The app is downloadable for free. In the study, marketers have been asked: Where are you investing?
96% of marketers responded they will put their funds into video ads, 70% of businesses acknowledged that they are producing more video than the year before.
So is video marketing keeping up what it is promising, is it worth the efforts which need to be taken to produce a video?
- 91% of marketers are satisfied with the ROI of video ads on social media
- 85% of marketers say that video marketing is an effective way
- 93% of business landed a new customer because of a video on social media
There are a couple of possibilities on how to place your video on social media. The majority posts them on Facebook (93%) and YouTube (90%), followed by Facebook Stories (87%) and Instagram feed (83%). However, 80% of marketers use them on Instagram stories.For reaching new clients 64% reported to find them on Facebook in the last 12 months, 79% of brands have landed a new customer from Instagram and 73% with Instagram stories.Animoto
surveyed a representative sample of 500 U.S. adult marketers that have created at least one video in the past year. Are you already using video marketing and are you seeing the social video trends the same way?