What marketer doesn’t rely on Excel? The Microsoft spreadsheet tool is loved – and sometimes hated – by everyone from students to CEOs. Let’s take a look at some Tricks using Excel and more time-saving tips that will make you enjoy your business sheets more.
“I know what you did in your last Marketing campaign, do you?”
It’s easy to get stuck using the features that you know the best. An infographic from training provider Seven Institute offers 10 functions that you may not be using. Are these tricks using Excel and more time-saving tips worth learning? By reading on, there’s one way to find out.
The graphic includes the basics (such as wrapping text) and more complex features (such as slicing pivot tables), wait a minute pivot … did I not have a nightmare experience on this one?
Here’s a list of what you’ll learn how to do in this infographic:
- Identify duplicate entries
- Start a number with a zero
- Wrap text
- Prevent some rows or columns from moving when you scroll (freeze panes)
- Use the TEXT function, which is useful for extracting day of the week from dates
- Set limits for data entered into cells and provide error messages if data entered is outside the allowed range
- Make sure your worksheet secure and protected
- Split cells to extract only part of the data (such as the name part of an email address)
- Use pivot tables to analyze data without the use of complex functions
- Use the slicer to make your pivot table analysis even easier
Did some tricks using Excel help you? Check out the full infographic below. And be sure to bookmark this page for a quick return when you need Excel help! Join the conversation with your comment and let us know which is your favorite new learned trick.